Re: xcdroast

Charles Menzes said:
> So, I believe that I do have the necessary support enabled.
> Jeff mentioned that you had to have the *right* scsi support enabled. Am I
> missing something?

Here's the process I go through.  YMMV.

First of all, I have *everything* modularized except what I absolutely
have to have to boot (like IDE support and IDE disk support).  If you
have IDE CD-ROM support compiled in, or the ide-cd module loaded,
it'll screw everything up.

So, I start by loading the ide-scsi module.  That finds the burner...

    osiris:~# modprobe ide-scsi
    scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
    scsi : 1 host.
      Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIPCD 4x650       Rev: 1.04
      Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Then I verify that cdrecord can see the burner...

    osiris:~# cdrecord -scanbus
    Cdrecord release 1.8a29 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Jörg Schilling
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
    scsibus0:
            0,0,0     0) 'IOMEGA  ' 'ZIPCD 4x650     ' '1.04' Removable CD-ROM
            0,1,0     1) *
            0,2,0     2) *
            0,3,0     3) *
            0,4,0     4) *
            0,5,0     5) *
            0,6,0     6) *
            0,7,0     7) *

This is what gets loaded in the process...

    osiris:~# lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    sg                     15480   0  (autoclean)
    ide-scsi                6956   0
    scsi_mod               47428   2  [sg ide-scsi]

To burn, I just do something like "cdrecord -v -eject dev=0,0,0
speed=4 file.iso".

Oh, I believe these are the relevant lines of my .config...

    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=m
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
    CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
    CONFIG_SCSI=m
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR_VENDOR=y
    CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG=m
    # CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN is not set

(This might be different if you boot off SCSI or something...)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month