Re: Fedora Core == Linux? -- heading back to Orlando ...

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 18:48, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Sorry to hear your third-shift greeter job at Wally world didn't work out. :=)
> I hope the job you're moving to is a place that values your skills and abilities.

Can't blame the "Fortune 20" for this one.

After relocating myself at my own expense (and now back again), it was
the "middle man" (i.e. my contracting company) that felt ethics were
"optional."  A rather sad and long story, where _everyone_ loses.  At
least everyone knows who's squarely to blame.

I'm leaving the "Fortune 20" on good terms, so I may be back.

> Hopefully, we'll get to a place where CEOs and executives are also "outsourced"
> to Bangalore, so as to be more "in touch" with their workforce. And give "more
> bang for your shareholder buck" for executive compensation packages the board
> doles out. Certainly can't get any worse crop of executives than the "old way".

Actually, my position wasn't "outsourceable" (far too high level).  It
kinda sux, I really liked working there.

But sometimes it's better to just "cut your losses and head home" --
especially when people openly lie, spit on your honesty, break all sorts
of laws, but assume you need your job so you won't make a fuss.  Too bad
for them.  Despite the cost of moving up (and now back), I was more than
willing to show them I was serious.

Again, all parties lost.  But only one was at fault.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org  http://thebs.org
CCDP LPIC-2 MasCIWA MCSE2K+Sec RHCE9 SCNA8 SCSecA9 +20 more certs